Just like that- September hit the calendar and it turned cold up here in the northern tundra land of MN. I like a lot of things about fall- pretty colored leaves, fall harvest, Thanksgiving...but I'm not so excited about the colder weather. I swapped out Mirabel's clothes today to get the warmer things ready. And I have to admit a certain sadness to putting away some of the super cute clothing she's worn this summer since I know she won't get to wear it again. (I felt the same way about my favorite maternity clothes...since I went early I didn't feel ready to be done being pregnant and it was like I never got to say goodbye to my faves.) Oh, well, I guess that's part of life. A cycle that continues on. I like how God has a predictability but yet has differences. Like sunsets. They happen every day yet none of them are exactly the same. What a creative God we have!
Happy fall.
From Rich Mullins' Land of My Sojourn: "Nobody tells you when you get born here how much you'll come to love it and how you'll never belong here. So I'll call you my country, but I'll be lonely for my home...I wish that I could take you there with me." And that describes my view on earth living. Join me for periodic updates on our sojourn through this world.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
4 comments:
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to say that no part of me is sad to kiss summer goodbye. For me, the point of the entire season is to transition from Spring to Fall. :) Of course, I'm parting with any super girly baby jumpers. :) I've been excitedly watching the leaves on our "new" trees like a hawk to see what colors we'll end up with. Unfortunately, I think we're going to be surrounded by a lot of yellow. Boring!! :)
ReplyDeletei am already ready to say goodbye to my maternity clothes and hello to my regular clothes, i miss them! and i still have 3 months to go...
ReplyDeleteWell, you won't stay pregnant forever! :) I had so many fun maternity clothes, that's why I was sad. And I never felt uncomfortable while pregnant (at least, not for long periods of time.) I could still walk decent for the most part...
ReplyDeleteYeah- I miss a lot of my maternity clothes. My secret fit belly pants were so comfy!
ReplyDeleteWell, you can give your daughter's clothes a second life by having another girl during the right season!! We almost got it right with Nora, but Molly was bigger and born earlier in the year, so it's not a perfect match for hand-me-downs. But that's ok because there are some CUTE outfits that I cannot pass up! :)