Without further ado, I present to you....the Casa of the Cocodrilos!
| King Crocodile |
| Small logo is also on the front |
I really don't know if it's crocodiles or alligators- the translator gives the same word for both, even though they are different animals. (At least I think so...it's not like I would get any awards for animal knowledge and about all I know about these beasts is they live in different places, both of them freak me out, and Reader's Digest said to run in a zig-zag pattern if you are trying to flee from them. Just make sure your zig-zags are wide enough not to give them a straight shot at you, they are fast. I am shooting for 30-50 paces before turning in the opposite zig-zag if I ever find myself in that situation.)
So....the four houses are Crocodile/Green, Lion/Yellow,
Discuss amongst yourselves.
She is obviously a Slytherin! I would think Shark for Ravenclaw (focused on a single purpose of learning). I could see Gryffindor as either an eagle or a lion. Hufflepuff is kind of left in the dark. Out of the two options, I would say it is more of a lion. They are more group oriented than eagles.
ReplyDeleteAfter reviewing the wiki, I think I would probably have gone Ravenclaw.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, the characteristics of Slytherin are kind of accurate for our kiddo....Slytherin is one of the four Houses at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and is traditionally home to students who exhibit such traits as cunning, resourcefulness, and ambition.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Slytherin
I miss those girls!
ReplyDeleteBut does she speak Parsletongue?
ReplyDeleteShe does speak in her "own language" and I have never positively identified what it is, so who knows? Thus far, she has always been willing to translate for us....
DeleteDefinitely doesn't sound anything like hissing, though... I would put it more in the genre of cute Care Bears, so maybe we are safe.
DeleteBased on the updates, it is very clear which house is which. Crocodile/Slytherin, Lion/Gryffindor, Eagle/Ravenclaw, and Dolphin/Hufflepuff.
ReplyDeleteIt always annoys me that the Slytherin House (with emphasis on "House") is so closely associated with evil in most people's minds... because there were also some incredibly brave and ultimately good people in there in the books...
ReplyDelete...so yeah, why not Slytherin?
I veguely remember that one of the differences between the various crocodile-like creatures are their teeth. But what exactly the difference is, I could not tell. :-)
I think that Malfoy and some of the Death Eaters cement that house connection with evil, but certainly Slytherin doesn't equal evil.
ReplyDeleteWell, yes, obviously; what I meant was that while the evil families and people in Harry Potter's world usually display Slytherin qualities, it's not really that straight cut; there are, on the other hand, people like Peter Pettigrew...
DeleteOne thing about the books I liked, right from the start, was that the people we hate aren't always that bad. The annoying know-it-all girl turned out to be Hermione, for example. ;-)
Yes, Peter certainly had his own issues. When it all comes down to it, people are just complex and one small facet is never the whole picture. I can say that the green shirt has proved to be nice in terms of not showing dirt and not bleeding (red dye may not have been so nice) and several of the kids that M has connected with are also coco drills so that is convenient. I see that it autocorrected the Spanish for crocodiles.
Delete