Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time flies....







Goodness, we've been busy with life. Nothing tremendous to report- but it's been a long while since I posted. Mirabel has been working on showcasing her personality lately. A funny story from yesterday- she signs several words (more, eat/food, please, milk, all done, washing hands, toothbrush, and cheese). Well, I was trying to feed her supper, which included some bananas mixed in yogurt and some cereal. She is not a fan of bananas with yogurt, though she'll gobble each independently. So, she was vigorously signing "all done" as I tried to get her to eat the yogurt. She tolerated the cereal. When I attempted to put some of her yogurt in the cereal and offered spoon with mostly cereal and a little yogurt, she watched me do it, took a sniff, and again signed "all done." I dumped that spoon, took only cereal, and the little bugger leaned forward, stuffed her nose in the spoon, and then lifted her face, smiled, and ate up. Then I gave her some sweet potatoes, which she really likes, but she pushed those away and started signing cheese. I told her she needed to eat some actual food before getting cheese, at which point she started double-fisting the sweet potatoes in her mouth and then emphatically signing cheese, cheese, please, please. What a happy little camper when the cheese finally came.

Things like this, laundry, working in the basement (got all the baby clothes organized!), helping alter our nanny's wedding dress, finding a new nanny to replace her when she moves out, work, processing cherries from the cherry tree, and other such things have been filling my days. Dave and I are looking forward to celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary this coming Sunday. And I'm attaching a picture of Mirabel at a recent Civil War outing and one from when she was 2 months old. Some people at church gave us their climber set, and Mirabel has spent many a happy hour playing on it.

1 comment:

  1. She is a sweety! I can imagine that is so exciting to see and learn her personality and it develops. Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.

Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!