My (loose) New Year's resolution was to try to post 1-2 times per week. That worked great in January, when Miss M was in summer school. When that ended and I had an extra body at home for six weeks, it was all I could do to hang on and get through. (To be fair, the biggest issue is that M doesn't take naps, which is my main "get stuff done" time.)
We had quite a bit of fun over the past couple of months. Basically, school runs from March through December. It's kind of different to see a school year calendar that is entirely in the same calendar year...so instead of having the 2013-2014 school year, it's two years- 2013 and 2014. M got out of school just before Christmas and then went back for a summer school session in January. It was a lot more play and socialization than regular school; shorter days, more art projects, and for us, a good chance for M to keep practicing Spanish. She got to wear street clothes instead of her uniform (which was a big win) and the school day was 3.5 hours instead of 5 hours.
At the end of January, we set out for a week long trip to Colombia to visit our wonderful au pair (post on Colombia coming sometime). Despite the challenging flight schedule (total flight time is only about 4 hours, but because we have to take two or three flights with layovers, it was 24 hours to get there and 16 hours on the way back), we made it intact.
February saw us all at home for summer vacation, and we had a few days to unpack and restock our food stores when we came back from Colombia before we had our first visitors- Grandma and Grandpa! We had a great time showing them around Arequipa before they headed out for a tour of Peru's highlights.
Then I had two weeks to run around buying M's school supplies (a full list of everything from markers to toilet paper, not able to be purchased at just one shop, but I was a lot more efficient this year than last.) We got ready to send our oldest back to school and now I'm trying to catch up.
More posts will be forthcoming......
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!