So I've found that there are some elements of pregnancy in which I've become extremely lazy...for example, makeup went out the window months ago (the extra 5 minutes is more worthwhile, plus who wants phthalates messing up the baby's reproductive system). Lately, I've decided it's just too much work to put in my one contact (yes, I only wear one) so I've been heading out the door in glasses each day.
Then again, I've been a little machine in getting things done- exercising 3-4 times per week, cleaning the basement and sorting office papers. No, it's not nesting- I think the baby could come and survive a cluttered basement. Dave has been asking me for a looong time to get these projects done and I'm trying to do it before baby, knowing the chances of it happening afterward are slim. I've also been working hard to get things up to speed at work before going on maternity leave. I've got 2-4 weeks left (although the baby could come anytime now). As long as I can make it through April 21, I think I'll have everything done at work that I "need" to get done.
Just three more nights of class (including tonight) before graduation. Everything is wrapping up...we'll see if that nesting instinct kicks in anytime soon.
From Rich Mullins' Land of My Sojourn: "Nobody tells you when you get born here how much you'll come to love it and how you'll never belong here. So I'll call you my country, but I'll be lonely for my home...I wish that I could take you there with me." And that describes my view on earth living. Join me for periodic updates on our sojourn through this world.
Monday, April 14, 2008
3 comments:
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow- you can still exercise! Good for you! I did a lot of walking while I was in San Antonio last week and my body had to adjust! We're finally getting the baby's room ready with 5-6 weeks to go. I'm at least a year behind with scrapbooking, but I'm hoping this baby will be a "sleeper" like Molly was and that I'll have lots of time to get caught up during maternity leave. Hope you're feeling good and savoring these last few weeks!
ReplyDeleteNot a bad idea to get rid of makeup now...you won't be wearing it after baby either! It's a BIG deal when I wear make-up! Sounds like you have a lot of energy, which tells me that baby isn't far off! Drue was 2 1/2 weeks early, Lane was 4...be ready!! I'm glad to hear Erin is behind in scrapbooking...I'm a 14 months behind in putting the kids' pictures in albums...I'm NOT pregnant...what's my excuse!?! Take care and make sure you rest now...you won't be able to in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally behind in scrapbooking, too. Technically, I haven't started Xavier's scrapbook, but I HAVE been good at filling in his "first-year" calendar and baby book with little details from time to time. I would recommend doing that for sure, because you lose track of the "little" things if you don't write them down. As far as photos, I make prints now and then and just put them in a shoe box until that magical day when I will put them into a scrapbook :)
ReplyDelete