Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Girls Weekend!






My college friend, Lisa, and I packed up the car and Mirabel and headed up to the Wisconsin woods this past weekend. We had a great time just hanging out in the room and hitting the outdoors. We went on a little nature walk, drove to Spooner (highly recommended if you like poking around small towns with cute little shops), and took in some absolutely breathtaking fall colors. I've uploaded a few pictures of Spooner...a cute general store (I'm showing off my new lip gloss with my pouty lips), Look painted on the downward ramps at curb crossings, and note the "wobblin duck saloon" sign. I love girls weekend getaways. Dave had fun at home with a football party and he also was a champ and did some stuff around the house. I didn't even ask him to do it, I figured if I was having fun he could, too.


In other news, Mirabel has discovered how to string rolls together and she traverses our living room quite adeptly now. Yesterday she made it over to the tv stand and was kicking up at the VCR from the floor. We need to babyproof...I'm guessing it won't be long until she starts scooting around on her stomach and then it will be crawling and right now we are sorely un-babyproofed.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pic of Mirabel! I am sure missing her!
    England is good, many things to do. Too bad they are mostly just at work! Good restaurants.
    Looking forward to Papi coming dy after tomorrow! Then the fun will start!
    Give Mirabel a smooch fron Nana.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.

Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!