My little sister, Tirzah, is getting married in January 2009 and needs a DJ. I told her I'd post and see if my reading audience has any recommendations for DJs in the Twin Cities. They want someone who can create their own playlist. She said to me, "We'll give them our first song, my song with my dad, and a song with my close friends. No rap, no profanities, and just play things that people will dance to and have fun. And no schmaltzy pleas to get people on the dance floor. Just a nice, normal person."
So...have any recommendations? Heather, if I remember correctly, your brother was doing DJ stuff at some point, right? I don't remember your phone number. If you have a recommendation that is a phone number or email and don't want to list it online, you can send it to me at my full name at hotmail. (That's my address in code...don't want spammers to get ahold of it!!) Or contact me the other methods...or post a comment and let me know to get ahold of you!
Thanks for your help!
From Rich Mullins' Land of My Sojourn: "Nobody tells you when you get born here how much you'll come to love it and how you'll never belong here. So I'll call you my country, but I'll be lonely for my home...I wish that I could take you there with me." And that describes my view on earth living. Join me for periodic updates on our sojourn through this world.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
7 comments:
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whatever you do, don't hire Brian from Complete Music!!! :) That is unless you are looking for a very memorable experience.
ReplyDeleteI told Tirzah I bet you would put in a comment like that!! :)
ReplyDeleteHey, Keturah!
ReplyDeleteYes, my brother had a DJ business for a while, Almighty Sounds, but he is no longer in business. :-( I don't have any recommendations, but I will certainly keep my eyes and ears open!
Heather- can you ask your bro if he can recommend someone (or a few people/companies?)
ReplyDeleteSorry, Keturah, but both of his suggestions are no longer in business!
ReplyDeletewe liked our DJ but i will need to think about it in order to remember his name....pregnancy forgetfulness...
ReplyDeleteKeturah,
ReplyDeleteYou might suggest that your sister use any number of websites that will enable her to get information from multiple DJ services in her area. Gigmasters.com and Wedplan.com are two good ones.
Best wishes - Jim from My Life Media DJ Services in Cleveland.
www.mylifedjonline.com