Saturday, October 11, 2008

Come on, baby, do the locomotion

We went to our first ECFE class this morning. (Early Childhood Family Education). It meets at our local school- close enough that we can walk. We had a nice stroll outside on a beautiful fall day and we also got to learn some fingerplays and songs- things that help you interact with your baby and help them develop. We also met some nice parents. While we were at class, Mirabel fixed her eyes on her rattle and couldn't quite reach it. She pushed off her feet and did the classic "scootch" forward. Then she repeated several times when we were at home.

Must babyproof...must babyproof...we haven't much time, I'm afraid....Really we just have to pick up some things that we've been lazy about leaving on the floor in our living room. We've got the list of what to look for- I think that's what I'll focus on tomorrow afternoon.

In other news...I'm going on a road trip to Chicago Mon-Wed. I have a conference there on Tuesday, and my friend Lisa is coming along with me and will take care of Mirabel. I get to see one of my college friends and also stay with the family I babysat for through my four years at college. I'm looking forward to that (and the conference, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.

Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!