We got our first rain a few weeks ago- and it's raining again tonight. From the time we arrived months ago until not I think we've had only a bit more than a trace of rain. We're told the rainy season begins in December (We had about half sunny weather and about half cloudy weather in December), and goes through February- with January and February being wet. They say "really wet" but as to what that means, we'll find out.) For now, we wrap up the Christmas season with palm-tree-like weather...except there aren't any palm trees in our yard. The local park has them, though- does that count?
Kudos to you for being in the hardy party of the great Northland- the weather report said the high for today was -11 in St. Paul. You win. (Apparently the temp never climbed above zero for 17 consecutive days in Embarrass, MN....is that a bright side?)
| Our front walk |
Side note- I was able to finish up the Bible-in-a-year in chronological form. That means everything is put in order that it happened (most of the Bible is already like that, but the second half of the Old Testament gets a lot clearer in that form). One theme that I was intrigued to track is water. Have you noticed how much regular ol' water plays a "role" in the Bible? From the Creation to Noah, to Jesus being the water of life, to rivers that keep showing up over and over again. It's fun to see threads working through time.
| Looks drenched, doesn't it. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!