From Rich Mullins' Land of My Sojourn: "Nobody tells you when you get born here how much you'll come to love it and how you'll never belong here. So I'll call you my country, but I'll be lonely for my home...I wish that I could take you there with me." And that describes my view on earth living. Join me for periodic updates on our sojourn through this world.
Monday, March 31, 2008
An Exciting Adventure
My college friend Lisa and I always have "adventures." Interesting things seem to follow us. Saturday was particularly eventful. First, Lisa almost left behind her wallet at Paint your Plate, our girls day outing. Then I actually lost my wallet...in retrospect, an 8 month pregnant person should not stuff a wallet in an unzipped coat pocket. I didn't realize it until later, lost time from the girls' tea, and was delighted to learn that Steve, a good Samaritan, had found it in the street, located me in the phone book, and safeguarded the thing until I picked it up. Then off to the coop for some shopping...only Lisa rear-ended me on the way. Oops. I stopped instead of pushing a yellow light since she didn't know where I was going and she didn't see that I stopped. All that is messed up on my car is the bumper, but her car is worse off. I will say to my credit, that I'm really growing as a person. I wasn't even mad about the car (it's just a car) and we were able to laugh about it....along with a few tears, since she is less than $500 from paying her car off. Also, if you have American Family insurance and hit another person with it, that saves you $100 off your deductible. Who knew there was a family and friends discount with a car accident? Here's hoping the rest of the week is a little less eventful...
Labels:
General
3 comments:
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No! Not the Prius!! :{ Glad to hear you are ok, though.
ReplyDeleteFortunately, NOT the Prius...I was driving our Saturn. Although, I jacknifed the trailer into the Prius, so Dave pointed out we could have gotten a free bumper if I had been driving that...
ReplyDeleteToo hilarious! I thought I had "adventures!"
ReplyDelete