Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Graduation to Me...



I finished up my MBA this semester, graduating on May 1. Although, I actually skipped graduation. May 1 was my official due date, and I didn't plan to attend the ceremony (thinking it wasn't good to plan on attending something where I'd either be VERY pregnant or else just have had a kid.) I borrowed a set of graduation gear from one of my classmates that graduated last semester just in case I was able to go, so I can at least have pictures. (Check out the weird hood- and funky sleeve hood thingies!) I ended up staying at home with Mirabel on graduation night, but I'm truly finished just the same!


My graduation gift to myself is to read the Harry Potter books. I haven't done so before now, and have wanted to the whole time I've been in school. However, I know myself well enough to know that my homework would have suffered, so I didn't allow myself to even start the books. So far, I've read the first three books in the past three days. Now I'm getting ready to start book 4, but I've had to put a bit of stop on it while I catch up on laundry. :)

2 comments:

  1. How proud I am of you! Your tenacity is to be admired. When you have a goal, you stick with it to the end. That is a trait that has held you in good stead, and will continue to.
    What a great example for Mirabel!
    You look so good in the cap and gown.
    Sure you don't want a party?
    God has blessed me in so many ways by giving me you as a daughter (worth so much more than 32 1/2 hours!).
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Keturah!! Yeah- cool hood thing!

    So when are you gonna post more pics of Mirabel?? :) Your baby announcement was really neat!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.

Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!