Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Up North, Eh?

The Pestels are heading north of the border next month...Dave and I honeymooned in Winnipeg and we're going back for a week to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Mirabel will be coming, too. We found a B&B that takes kids and lets us use their laundry facilities, both requirements with a small child that manages to get a lot of clothes and cloth diapers dirty each day. The B&B is a little further out of the city than we were last time, but it's near a bus line (and the University of Manitoba), has walking paths and lots of old tree-lined streets, and should be a relaxing place. We had such a good time when we were there before- it's as if everyone is so cold for most of the year that when summer finally does come they are all outside having fun, festivals, and generally enjoying the warmth.

We are just barely ahead of the passport requirement- Mirabel's birth certificate will be enough (along with us and our passports). Mirabel went to Mexico in-utero and now to Canada...this kid is going to be a world traveler before she knows it!

Mirabel is doing a little better on the crying front- yesterday we had a great day. She ate, actually entertained herself for about 15 minutes looking at one of those black/white contrast things that help develop eyesight, and slept for regular intervals. Unfortunately, that led to an hour of frantic monkey from 11-midnight, but then she fell asleep after feeding and did pretty well overall. I'm really glad that I am able to take three months off. I don't think I'd be ready to go back to work next week with my sleep-deprived self!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.

Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!