Mirabel and I joined other Living History Society of Minnesota members for a picnic and croquet outing yesterday. She was cute as can be in her 1860s garb. She did have a marvelous bonnet made by the Widow Brown which she wore for nearly all of the day, but by the time we got around to taking photos, the bonnet had come off in an attempt to get her to go to sleep. Alas, that was fruitless (she slept approximately 3-4 hours from 4:45am to 9pm yesterday- yikes!) But she did sleep like a log last night.
We'll get a better close up of her at a future event, but here's what we have for now. My favorite question from the public- “Is that a real baby?”
We'll get a better close up of her at a future event, but here's what we have for now. My favorite question from the public- “Is that a real baby?”
What fun! I always wished I could work at Living History Farms in DSM. Sometimes I think I was born about 150 years too late...then again, the laundry would REALLY pile up! Beautiful picture! Hopefully, the Mirabel's sleeping schedule will work itself out soon...what a tired Mom you must be!
ReplyDeleteGreat photo! So, if other ladies are known as "Widow Brown," what is YOUR name??? Just curious :)
ReplyDeleteI'm just Mrs. Pestel. No fancy invented names or personas. I have a husband and kid and live just outside of St. Paul, just like real life. It's easier to remember it all that way. :)
ReplyDeleteKristy- I wish that I could have worked at Living History Farms, too. If my parents hadn't moved away, I probably would have tried to get an internship there during college (they didn't take high schoolers- I checked!) At least I get to do this hobby now. Though I will say, it's always nice to get back to modern conveniences, like laundry machines and kitchen appliances.