So when Dave and I were dating, we planned a New Year's Party. Dave had a list of possible themes written out, and in reviewing them I said, "Ham? How is ham a theme?" Well, it turns out I'd started looking at the food list....but we did pick ham as the theme of our recent Canadian vacation. If you look at our photo album, I've uploaded our vacation pics and you can see our little friend Hammy in nearly every shot. Play along...it's like "Where's Waldo?"
Our trip went well- Mirabel was a good traveler and we got to take in Canada Day on July 1 (like our July 4), explore the Canadian Mint, Assiniboine Park, taste some delicious gelato, walk through the Forks shopping/gathering area, see some living historians (including a little 2 month old baby), eat a delicious meal at a cafe run by Christians living in community (see http://www.twelvetribes.org/) and stop in Grand Forks, North Dakota on the way home. If that's not living on the edge, I don't know what is. :) Seriously, we enjoyed some yummy co-op food and I got to sit in a hot tub for the first time in over a year.
We're glad to be home but it was fun to get away for a little while. I think I actually get to relax more here, though- when you travel, the baby is yours 100%, but when you are at home there are visitors and events where others hold the babe for awhile. Now it's off to catch up on laundry and the immense clutter that seems to be taking over the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!