It's been Olympic fever here. We hardly ever watch TV, but we've been tuning in pretty much every day since the games started. With all the furor over the young Chinese gymnasts at the Olympics, Mirabel told us she was old enough to go for the gold. She has been practicing on the double arching bars and is working really hard to stick her landings. We told her it would help her scores if she could stand on her own and she assured us she was working on it. Her practice was cut short by a round of spit-up, but we've been very impressed with her work ethic. Go for it, sweetie!
From Rich Mullins' Land of My Sojourn: "Nobody tells you when you get born here how much you'll come to love it and how you'll never belong here. So I'll call you my country, but I'll be lonely for my home...I wish that I could take you there with me." And that describes my view on earth living. Join me for periodic updates on our sojourn through this world.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
5 comments:
I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.
Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go for the GOLD, Mirabel.
ReplyDeleteNana thinks you are the BEST!
I don't know Keturah, you might need to put a few more clips in her hair. I can still see some hair--I think it should ALL be covered by clips!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the grandma... we need to see more clips in the hair for a gold...
ReplyDeleteSeriously, though, those female gymnasts always have a lot of clips holding their hair back. Do they get deductions for hair falling out of place or something?
Those double-arching bars are the toughest--Shawn and Nastia don't even TRY that event :)
ReplyDeleteCutie pie! My goodness she's growing fast. Keturah, so glad to hear that getting back to work is going well. What a great idea, to ease into it.
ReplyDelete