Monday, October 6, 2008

We've moved to solids

Mirabel had her first taste of squash yesterday and I'm uploading a video of it. She made the funniest faces! But she ate all of the teaspoon or two we gave her. Her sitting up skills have increased exponentially over the past few weeks and she can do it for multiple seconds at a stretch, she has been watching our food intake intently for weeks, she's almost 6 months old, and she started waking up at night after months of sleeping through. Signs pointed to starting solid food. We're going with veggies first, then cereal, then fruit in an attempt to gear her taste buds toward less sweet things...we'll see if it works. She does have a mom with a monster sweet tooth (but I also love my veggies!)

8 comments:

  1. That is so stinkin' funny! Way to go, Mirabel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a face! Thanks for making me laugh so hard!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is she getting any better at liking the food she is eating? Has she increased the amount she eats in one sitting, and is she sleeping better as a result of solids? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is still making faces, still eating it, and still waking up once nightly!! I hope that stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will sleep longer as she increases the amount she eats. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie. Is she warming up to her food yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is really loving sweet potatoes and she started liking squash after a few days...so much so she dove at the table when my mom was feeding her (and was warming up more...M went for what was available- a blob on the table.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, how funny! once you told me about this, I had to come see. she's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! You may not see your comment posted immediately because I review them first.

Comment as NAME or ANONYMOUS if you do not want to have to sign in. If you add your email to your google/blog account then I have the option of directly responding to you; otherwise, check back on the post for updated comments within a day or two. Thanks for reading!